"The British Lion mark on egg shells and egg boxes means that the eggs have been produced to the highest standards of food safety."
The Lion mark
The British Lion mark denotes eggs produced to a stringent Code of Practice incorporating the latest research and advice on Salmonella and eggs from scientists and vets. British Lion eggs account for more than 85% of UK egg production.
- Look for the British Lion mark on the egg shell and egg box - it shows that the eggs have been produced to the highest standards of food safety
- Buy eggs from a reputable retailer where they will have been transported and stored at the correct temperature (below 20°C)
- Keep eggs refrigerated after purchase
- Store eggs in their box and, as eggs are porous, away from strong-smelling foods
- Make sure you use eggs by the 'best before' date shown on the egg or box - for Lion Quality eggs, this guarantees that they are fresher than required by law
No front page content has been created yet.